Eros Now has been consistently impressing viewers worldwide with its array of fresh and innovative content. The platform has now surprised the audience by unveiling the motion poster of its much-awaited original series ‘Flesh’. The poster, dropped today, gives a perfect sneak peek into what’s in store for the viewers. While the motion poster gives a strong message on the heartwrenching topic of human trafficking, it features Mahima Makhwana blindfolded depicting a state of vulnerability. We see Swara Bhaskar and Akshay Oberoi in pivotal roles engaging in a fierce stare- off.
This one of a kind, eye-grabbing crime-thriller original series will shed light on the rising numbers of cases of human trafficking. Produced by Siddharth Anand, and directed by Danish Aslam, Flesh will tap your emotional sentiments. With the perfect combination of thrill and mystery, the poster looks one of the finest of this year.
Starring big screen faces like Swara Bhasker, Akshay Oberoi, Yudhister, Vidya Malvade and Mahima Makwana, Flesh will give the audience an eye-opening understanding of what goes on in the dark. The series will portray topics that are not only a concern in India but also globally.
Taking to the social media, Eros now has unveiled the motion poster of the original series Flesh:
5 versatile actresses raring to go places
Bollywood is a beautiful place for actresses who wish to express themselves through emotions. And just like always, there are some supremely talented ones waiting in the wings to hit big time. We track five such actresses who have already made impressionable debuts and are now raring to go places.We track five such actresses who have already made impressionable debuts and are now raring to go places.
1) Kiara Advani
Though the attractive Kiara Advani made her Bollywood debut with the 2014 film comedy Fugly, she had to wait for her first commercial success with a brief role in the 2016 sports biopic M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story.
Born Alia Advani, Kiara stepped up her act starring in the Telugu political drama Bharat Ane Nenu (2018) and finally getting her first major role in the 2019 film Kabir Singh and the comedy Good Newwz. Both the films emerged big hits.
2) Anisha Victor
Anisha Victor is a stunningly beautiful girl who is probably one of the most underrated actresses in Bollywood. Starting out with Viacom Motion Pictures’ horror film The House Next Door in 2017, she proved to the world that she is not just a pretty face.
She held the audience spellbound with her versatility and screen presence, playing a vivacious possessed gal. The House Next Door released in three languages, and met with commercial success. It earned rave reviews for Anisha who is nowadays seen in the Zee5 Originals web series REJCTX and waiting for more magic in Bollywood.
3) Alaya F
Alaya Furniturewala, also known as Alaya F is the daughter of Farhan Ebrahim Furniturewala and actress Pooja Bedi. Her maternal grandparents are veteran actor Kabir Bedi and late dancer Protima Bedi.
She made her film debut in 2020 through a leading role in the comedy Jawaani Jaaneman with Saif Ali Khan and earned a lot of critical acclaim. The film was a success at the box-office and bold Alaya is surely an actress to watch out for.
4) Sharmin Segal
Sharmin Segal made her debut opposite actor Javed Jaffrey’s son Meezaan in the 2019 film Malaal. Despite being the niece of the acclaimed filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali, it is said that she had to go through an extensive audition process before being finalised for the film produced by her uncle.
Her character was in complete contrast from that of the hero in the movie and Sharmin showed great spark and promise for the future. Prior to acting in Malaal, she attended the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York and also worked as an assistant director in films like Mary Kom and Bajirao Mastani.
5) Ankita Lokhande
Ankita Lokhande earned fame with her debut award-winning role in Balaji Telefilms’s daily show Pavitra Rishta on Zee TV. She was touted as the one of the highest paid actresses of television industry, until she retired in 2018 to take her plunge into Bollywood.
Making her film debut with the 2019 Kangana Ranaut historical Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, she made a mark. Though her fans and followers felt that her role was too short in the movie and that she could have afforded more scope to showcase her talent.
But inspite of the length of the role, Ankita did manage to make an impression. She was also seen in the Tiger Shroff-Shraddha Kapoor film Baaghi 3, but is better known for her appearance in Manikarnika. Currently, Ankita is back in news for being the ex-girlfriend of the late Sushant Singh Rajput.
Jacqueline Fernandez gives a shout out to Marathi film selected for the Venice International Film Festival
It is incredible to see actress Jacqueline Fernandez come in support for Chaitanya Tamhane’s The Disciple. The marathi movie became the first Indian movie to land at Venice Film Festival competition after almost 20 years, making our nation proud. It’s a huge achievement for Indian cinema and perhaps she is the first mainstream actor to give them a shout out and congratulate them.
A blend of good story, a receptive audience and strong backing from a influential actress such as Jacqueline will make the regional cinema flourish and make a global impact. She wants to be a part of good storytelling and believes in promoting such regional cinema that otherwise don’t get the support they deserve.
Ever since its entry to the competition, The Disciple has been in talks for multiple reasons. One of them being how this film needs as much support especially from Bollywood because of its reach. By doing so it makes the platform of cinema more accepting. With Jacqueline’s massive social media following, her support is definitely going to draw more eyeballs towards the movie.
Jacqueline has a beautiful soul that is very well reflected in the humanitarian deeds she engages in. Be it speaking to a COVID survivor to raise awareness or supporting animal welfare, Jacqueline has always extended her support for those who would need it. It’s due to her philanthropic approach that the actress is admired by her fans and is one of the most followed celebrities on social media.
Here are Six reasons one cannot miss Janhvi Kapoor’s Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl
In June, Netflix India announced a package of entertainment consisting of 17 films that are all set to premiere directly on the digital platform in the coming few months. Ever since the OTT platform has revealed these names, Janhvi Kapoor’s Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl has become the talk of the town.
Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions and Zee Studios’ film Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl is a biopic based on the Indian Air Force’s first woman pilot in combat, who played a crucial role in the 1999 Kargil War – Flight Lieutenant Gunjan Saxena. After the announcement of the movie last year, Janhvi’s fans are pretty much excited to watch her giving a tribute to the real combat warrior who has served the nation and has always empowered women. The film also stars biggies like Angad Bedi and Pankaj Tripathi that makes it more thrilling. Karan Johar has always shown interest in periodic dramas and pro-military films that highlight our history and the army respectively. He was credited earlier for producing films like The Ghazi Attack and Kesari under his production house Dharma Productions.
Here are the five reasons to watch this biopic on a woman who played an important role in Indian history.
1. Stellar Cast: The success of a film is majorly dependent on its cast, and in this case, the cast amazingly fits the characters. The audience will be able to enjoy the perfect fusion between the freshness of Janhvi Kapoor, the raw talent of Angad Bedi with the years of experience that Pankaj Tripathi holds. Pankaj Tripathi, who earlier played a negative character in Netflix’s Sacred Games is back but this time in the role of a loving and caring father.
2. An Inspiring Story: The film is based on true events from the life of IAF’s Flight Lieutenant Gunjan Saxena. Coming from an army family, Gunjan too dreamed to join the military. Her dream became true in 1994 when she cleared the Shastra Seema Bal exams. During the Kargil War in 1999, the responsibility of operation Vijay was given to Gunjan where she had to supply medicine and food to the army fighting ahead and to keep a watch on the Pakistani Army. She flew the Cheetah helicopter which was a symbol of hope for the Indian Army.
3. Enthralling Visuals: Even though the film is not completely a war movie but it will show a few historical glimpses of Indo-Pak border from 1999’s Kargil War. As the technology has outshined the Indian Cinema in the past few years, it is for sure that it would be a treat to our eyes to see Janhvi Kapoor flying a combat Cheetah helicopter above the line of control.
4. An Emotional Father-Daughter Bond: It is true that there is a woman behind every successful man, but it is also a fact that behind every successful woman there is a father who has supported her. Gunjan Saxena’s father was himself army personnel and he entirely supported Gunjan to achieve her goals. Being in the army for years he knew about the tension at the borders and yet sending his daughter to serve the nation on the frontline prove that he was lionhearted. While Gunjan is played by Jhanvi, Pankaj Tripathi plays the on-screen father and this bond will surely give you both tears and goosebumps.
5. Intriguing Background Music: One of the most important elements of the films based on military events are the background music or sound effects. The script consists of love, drama, patriotism, and war sequences; all these moods are totally different and demands a different form of music. The music directors of Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl have completely justified the script by providing a variety of music according to the scenes. The music when Janhvi is flying her helicopter between the mountains is absolutely intriguing.
6. Director Sharan Sharma: Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl will also mark Sharan Sharma’s directorial debut. With great script and story along with some big names like Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions, Zee Studios, and Netflix have made Sharan’s entry in the industry a memorable one. To make a film on a subject like this needs a brave heart. After watching the trailer, you can say that Sharan has flawlessly sailed the boat.
Helmed by Sharan Sharma, Gunjan Saxena will be releasing on August 12, 2020, ahead of Independence Day and we cannot wait to see Janhvi Kapoor in the character of this brave Indian Air Force pilot that made history.
IAB Tech Lab Expands Presence in APAC
Integral Ad Science Expands Business Operations in India, Appoints Mehul Desai as Country Head
Leading fine-art logistics specialist hasenkamp and 4ARTechnologies launch strategic cooperation to revolutionize global art handling
After Emraan Hashmi, Ankit Tiwari Proposes to Sonal Chauhan!
Fatima Sana Shaikh sermonizes at an acclaimed college festival, reliving Dangal Days.
Actress Kangna Sharma is glad good work is finally coming her way!
News Wire1 month ago
Ooma Lauded by Frost & Sullivan for Delivering Innovative Connectivity Solutions for SMB
Trailers1 month ago
Dice Media Returns With Season 2 of Workplace Romance Series ‘Please Find Attached’
Buzz1 month ago
Director Sneha Shetty Kohli’s next music video ‘Tanhaai’ starring Tulsi Kumar is a soulful rock ballad
Buzz1 month ago
NH Studioz appoints Ravi Malik as CEO along with Rohit Bohara and Jatin Pandit as their Digital Head and Technical Head respectively!
News Wire1 month ago
25 Global Design Experts to Headline Design Dekko Musings
Buzz1 month ago
When Maera Mishra’s first negative character got her teary eyed on the sets of Guddan Tumse Na Ho Payega
News Wire1 month ago
Indiannica Learning is back with Indiannica Quiz League 2020 (In association with legendary quizmaster Mr Siddhartha Basu)
Web1 month ago
“Resuming shooting after a hiatus of 7 months made me people shy” says Barkha Singh while shooting for Please Find Attached Season 2